You’re looking at events for professional development in DSC.
Events here are intended for DSC staff, but are open to the wider RMIT University where space permits. Events are organised on a monthly cycle, with new events added and old events repeating each month. Each event is cross listed into HR’s Learning Development Portal for those who are using that system to record their professional development.
If your program teaching team require professional development on something specific or at a more convenient time for the team, feel free to make a request here.
- This event has passed.
RMIT academics engaging with OERs to enhance their teaching
October 22 @ 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm
About this Event
Throughout 2019 the Academic Development Group in the RMIT College of Science, Engineering and Health (SHE) has led the Blended Learning Pilot, part of a strategy to adapt their pedagogy to meet the disruptions facing the education sector. The initiative has focused on implementing several innovative teaching practices that respond to students’ needs. One innovation is the use of open educational practices in course materials. Hear from the academics who have adopted open education resources to ensure that their course materials are accessible, adaptable and can be used to engage today’s students.
- what led them to adopt open educational resources in their course or courses;
- how open educational resources have benefited their students and their teaching;
- what challenges they faced moving from traditional textbooks to open educational resources; and
- whether they have any plans to extend their use of OER’s in the future.
The aim of the session is to give teachers and academics:
- a practical understanding of what is involved in engaging with open resources in teaching;
- an understanding of how engaging with open resources is an essential part of a strategy to enhance the student learning experience.
Image: “We Are Open” by cogdogblog is licensed under CC0 1.0