Grading students anonymously
There might be times when, as a teacher, you might like to mark students assessment without knowing who has submitted them. Simply, Canvas allows you to hide the students name in SpeedGrader.
How do I hide student names in SpeedGrader?
To hide student names from Speedgrader, follow the instructions below:
- Click the Assignments link.
- Select the task (assignment, discussion or quiz) you wish to mark. You will be taken to the assignment page.
- Click the SpeedGrader link.
- Once in SpeedGrader, click on the Settings icon (cog icon, top left corner).
- In the SpeedGrader Options window, tick the box next to Hide student names in the SpeedGrader.
- Click Save Settings to apply the changes.
- The SpeedGrader window will refresh. Student names in the students dropdown list will have changed to a number.
You can learn more about the SpeedGrader by following the links below:
How to use SpeedGrader [Canvas Community Document]
How to view student submission details in SpeedGrader [Canvas Community Document]