What is an access report?
The course access report provides teachers with a summary of a student’s participation in a course. Note that this report is only a summary, if you wish to access a full specific report, you can do so by viewing student analytics or the interactions report.
How do I view the access report?
To access the report, follow the steps below:
- Click on People.
- Locate the student by entering a name in the Search people field. You can also filter users by role from the Roles drop-down menu.
- Click on the Settings icon (next to the user).
- Select User Details from the drop-down menu. Canvas will take you to the student’s details page.
- Click on the Access report button (top right corner).
- To return to the student’s details page, click on Back to user Page.
The access report will show:
- The content viewed.
- The number of times the student has viewed the content.
- The number of times the student has participated in an activity (if applicable).
- The last time the student accessed the content.