What are Pages?
Pages are containers of content that are part of a course. Pages can include text, video, images, and links to files and other course or group content. All pages in Canvas are Wiki pages by default which means they can function as a collaborative document and will retain a record of the editing history. As a teacher, you can set the permissions as to who can edit the page. By default all users with a teacher role can edit pages, but you can also allow students or anyone to edit if you wish.
How do I set up a page in Canvas?
To create a new page in a course, follow the steps below:
- Click on Pages in the Course Navigation bar.
- If the course has a designated Front Page, Pages will open to that page. Therefore, to add a page you will have to click on View all pages.
- Click the Add Page button.
- Enter a title/name for your page.
- Create content by utilising the Rich Content Editor box.
- If you wish to add files, links or images to the page, use the content selector bar on the right.
- You can then proceed to select who will be given permission to edit the page. This is done by selecting the Who can edit this page drop-down menu. Only three options are available: teachers, teachers and students, or anyone.
- To notify students of any changes to the content of this page, check the box for Notify users that this content has changed.
- If you are ready to publish the page, click Save & publish. If you are only intending to create a draft of the page, click Save.
- If you have saved the page as a draft, you can always go back to it to continue editing it, or to publish it when ready.