What are Announcements?
Announcements allow you to post messages to students and staff in your course. You can also optionally receive responses to posts, via replies or likes, essentially enabling a simple polling or acknowledgement function. In addition to the announcement posts within a course, users can receive notification based on their personal notification settings, including via RMIT email, alternate email and or SMS messaging.
Watch the video below for an introduction to Announcements.
How do I set up an announcement in Canvas?
To set up a basic announcement follow the steps below. See the tips and FAQs section for more options on announcements.
- From inside your course, select the Announcements button on the left hand menu.
- Click the red +Announcement button
- Add a topic title
- Add your message in the text editor. You can also add links to course content, course sections or assignments, videos or images.
- Attach a file if you wish
- Select the options you would like to enable