Office Mix is a free Windows plugin for PowerPoint (Office 2013 and later) that lets you easily add narration, a talking head, annotations, screen recordings and more. It also allows you to add interactivity in the form quizzes and polls. It can then be saved as a regular video file or as an interactive presentation, with flexible online hosting and sharing options.
What can I do with Office Mix?
- Record yourself (Audio and/or Video) onto slides using a Microphone and Webcam
- Add annotations, screen recordings, and live web pages
- Add Quizzes, Polls, and view analytics… and more.
What you will need:
- A PC running PowerPoint 2013 or later (Office Mix is not available for Mac at this stage)
- A Webcam and Microphone
- Office Mix (download and install from here or ask IT to install it)
The video below (which was created in PowerPoint and hosted on Office Mix) will introduce you to some of the basics to help you get started.
On the last slide of this presentation, there are links to other useful tutorials that will help you with specific areas of using Office Mix:
Adding a Narration, Talking Head, and Annotations to PowerPoint with Office Mix:
The video/interactive PowerPoint presentation below will show you how to add narration, a talking head, and annotate your presentations.