What is a Canvas Quiz?
Quizzes in Canvas are a type of assignment designed to assess student understanding and comprehension of course material. Quizzes can be both graded and ungraded.
You can create four different types of quizzes in Canvas. These are:
- Graded Quiz: the most common quiz, it rewards students with marks based on their quiz responses. Canvas automatically creates a column in the grade book for any graded quizzes you build.
- Practice Quiz: a learning tool to see how well users understand course material without providing a grade. Practice quizzes do not appear in the Syllabus or the Gradebook.
- Graded Survey: rewards students with points for completing a survey but grading is not based on right or wrong answers.
- Ungraded Survey: obtains opinions or other information without providing a grade. With ungraded surveys, you can make responses anonymous.
To road-test the question types you can use in a Canvas quiz:
- Click into the Transition module and take the ‘All quiz question types’ Quiz
- Download it to your Course from the Canvas Commons by searching for the ‘All quiz question types’ quiz in the Quizzes section.